WAVERLY
Franklin County, New York
Previous Town             Historians and Towns             Next Town              Map             Home
1912

Main Street
St. Regis Falls
1915

Upper Main St.
St. Regis Falls
1913

High School
St. Regis Falls

Campsite
St. Regis Falls
Railroad
Station

St. Regis
Falls
The Town of Waverly was formed from the Town of Dickinson in 1880.  
In 1890 it lost half its original area with the formation of the Town of Altamont, now the Town of Tupper Lake.
The town name was suggested by the Hon.
William T. O'Neil after the name Greenville was rejected.  
Some of the earliest settlers were
Amos Harvey, Hiram Cook, Julius Rising and Kirby and Josephus Titus.
Historian
Judy Weaver
wefamily2@prodigy.net
60 North Main Street
St. Regis Falls, NY 12980
518-856-960
or 9720
COMMUNITIES IN THE TOWN OF WAVERLY
Gile, Hammond's Falls,  St. Regis Falls, (aka Linkinson)
Previous Town             Historians and Towns             Next Town              Map