SCHUYLER FALLS
Clinton County
New York
Previous Town             Historians and Towns             Next Town              Map            Home
Invitation to Ladue Celebration
Ladue Celebration
1950
Schuyler
Falls
Post Office
 
 
1910

William H. Myers
Block

Morrisonville
 
Chauncey Turner

Schuyler Falls Town
Supervisor
1869-1875
 
 
to
R.W.
Hayes in Morrisonville
and from
Morrisonville
to
Hattie
Witherwax at Valcour
 
On April 4, 1848, the Town of Schuyler Falls was removed from the Town of Plattsburgh.  
Ezra Turner (1763-1851), who served as Captain and Major in the 36th Regiment of the New York Militia in the
War of 1812, was the first settler to locate in the area in 1802.  He married 16-year old
Amy Beman whose
father,
Nathan, had piloted Ethan Allen to
Fort Ticonderoga the morning he demanded the British general to surrender.
The
Town of Schuyler Falls was named after Peter Schuyler who bought the mill on the Salmon River from
Zephaniah Platt.
Historian
Marvin Connor
sfhistorian@charter.net
P.O. Box 99, 997
Mason Street
Morrisonville, NY 12962
518-561-2142
or
518-563-1129
COMMUNITIES IN THE TOWN OF SARANAC
Coffey Corners, Falon Corners, Morrisonville, Schuyler Falls, South Plattsburgh
Invitation to Ladue Celebration
Ladue Celebration
Best viewed as Slideshow
Previous Town              Historians and Towns             Next Town               Map