Looking west on Rte. 11 from railroad bridge and from ground level
1940s Methodist Church
Train Depot and Fairview House
David S. Blow Discharge
Merrill House on Chateaugay Lake
1898 Mrs. J. Young Envelope
The Town of Ellenburgh was formed from the Town of Mooers on April 17, 1830. It was named after Ellen, the daughter of John R. Murray, the principal proprietor of Township No. 5 of the Military Tract. The first permanent settler in 1800 was Abner Pomeroy of Vermont.