The Town of Clinton was separated from the Town of Ellenburgh on May 14, 1845. The first settlers located upon the Old Military Road and near the Frontiers about 1817. Among the first to arrive were Junio Howard, Cornelius Austin and Asa Smith. Churubusco got its name after a famous battle in the Spanish-American War and was known until the mid 1880s as The Summit.
Diane Lagree and Frada Santamore
Town Hall, Churubusco, NY 12923
COMMUNITIES IN THE TOWN OF CLINTON
Churubusco (aka Summit Depot), Clinton Mills, Frontier (aka The Frontiers), Wrightsville