Old County Court House, Plattsburgh, New York
CHAMPLAIN
Clinton County
New York
1908

Unveiling
Samuel
de
Champlain
Monument

St. Mary's
Champlain, NY
1908 Unveiling of the Champlain Monument, St. Mary's, Champlain, NY
1949 Main Street, Champlain, New York
1949

Main Street
Champlain, NY
Branch
the
Druggist
Rexall
Champlain, NY
Bottle from Branch the Druggist Rexall, Champlain, NY
1907 Bridge, Champlain, NY
1907

Bridge
Champlain
sometimes
known,
incorrectly as
Fort Blunder

Rouses Point

Photo
Robert
Fraser
Farnsworth
Fort Montgomery or Fort Blunder
Greetings from Perry's Mills
1910

Perry's
Mills
The Town of Champlain was formed on March 7, 1788.
In 1799 the Town of Chateaugay was partitioned off and in 1804, Mooers and Chazy became their own towns.
In 1789 the first settler, Pliny Moore, came to the area.
Historian
Roy Clark Jr.
histchamp@primelink1.net
121 Clark Road,
Champlain, NY 12919
518-298-8414
COMMUNITIES IN THE TOWN OF CHAMPLAIN
Champlain (aka Champlaintown), Coopersville (aka Corbeau, Mooer's Mills), Honeymooer's Corners, Hoyletown, Perry's Mills
(aka Scheifelin's Mills), Rouses Point
Fleur de lis
Royal Savage Emblem
Royal Savage Emblem
Webshots Logo
Webshots Logo
Webshots Logo
Webshots Logo
Previous Town             Historians and Towns            Next Town            Map
Webshots Logo
Webshots Logo
.