BEEKMANTOWN
Clinton County
New York
Previous Town              Historians and Towns             Next Town             Map
1862

Patriotic
Envelope

to

Julia
Humphreys
1869
Beer's Atlas
1812
Ira Howe's
House
1769
William
Beekman
Land Grant
Point Au Roche
Lighthouse

Fort Montgomery

Boundary Stone
1857
East Beekmantown
to
Mrs.
James M. Dooley
The Town of Beekmantown was taken from the Town of Plattsburgh on February 25, 1820.
It was named after
William Beekman who was granted the patent with 29 others on March 27, 1769.
The original Beekman Patent was a strip about 4 miles wide and ran east to west from Lake Champlain above
the Town of Plattsburgh.  The first settlers were
Maj. Benjamin Mooers and seven associates.
Historian
Addie Shields
shields@co.clinton.ny.us
29 North Point Rd
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
518-563-778
COMMUNITIES IN THE TOWN OF BEEKMANTOWN
Beartown, Beekmantown Corners, Beekmantown, Cumberland Head, East Beekmantown, Gilroy Corners, Lawliss Corners,
Point au Roche (aka Hazenburgh), St. Armand Beach, West Beekmantown
Previous Town              Historians and Towns             Next Town             Map