BANGOR
Franklin County
New York
Previous Town              Historians and Towns            Next Town           Map
Bradford's
Store

Bangor
Business
Section
Bangor

Bradford's
on
left
West Bangor
Catholic Church
G.W. Haley's Store
West Bangor
Grange Block
North Bangor
Postal Carriers
North Bangor
Hotel
Eldred

North
Bangor
Main Street
North Bangor

Hotel Eldred
on left
then Steenberge's
and
Post Office
on same side
School
North Bangor
Interior
Catholic Church
North Bangor
McKenzie's
Main Street
North Bangor
Royce's Store
Bangor
Residence
of
William
Steenberge

North Bangor
Main Street
West Bangor
Union Church
West Bangor
Legend has it that the Town of Bangor was named after the cathedral city of Bangor in northern Wales. The
town was taken from the Town of Dickinson on June 15, 1812.  The first settlers were two Vermonters,
Benjamin Seeley  and Joseph Plumb who arrived in 1806.   Both had previously settled in Moira a few years
earlier.   Other settlers who arrived in 1908 and 1807 were
James and Jehiel Barnum, Chester Tullar, Robert
Wilson, and Joel Griffin among others
Historian
Jess Chapin
 
Route 11B
Bangor, NY 12966
518-483-0939
COMMUNITIES IN THE TOWN OF BANGOR
Bangor, Bangor Station, Cooks Corners, North Bangor, West Bangor (aka Pottersville)
Previous Town              Historians and Towns            Next Town            Map