Old Clinton County Court House
ALTONA
Clinton County
New York
Previous Town              Historians and Towns             Next Town            Map
Trombley Brother's Cut Plug Label
Trombly
Brother's
Cut Plug
Label
Hurlbut's Mills
Postmark

Post Office
in existence
between
1853
and
1856
Hurlbut's Mill's Postmark, Altona, NY
The Town of Altona was annexed from the town of Chazy on December 2, 1857.  
Two of the earliest settlers, who arrived about 1800, were
Simeon Wood (1779-1848) and Daniel Robinson.
Altona was named after Altona, a suburb of the city of Hamburg, Germany.
Historian
Bridgett Coolidge
Mapleacres@copper.net
11 Station Street
Altona, NY 12910
518-236-7420
COMMUNITIES IN THE TOWN OF ALTONA
Alder Bend, Altona, Crowley Corners, Duerville, Forest, Hurlbuts Mills, Irona (aka Irona Depot), Jericho, Jerusalem,
Lords Corners, Miner Lake, Purdy Mills, Robinson, Sherlock Mills
Fleur de lis
Royal Savage Emblem
Royal Savage Emblem
Previous Town              Historians and Towns               Next Town             Map
Compliments
of